- Donate to Our House!
- Top Ten Ways to Give
- Wish List
- Sponsor an Event
- Pop Tab Pandemonium
- Host A Fundraiser
- McDonald's Donation Boxes
- Friends Of The House
RMHC Augusta is celebrating 30 years of being a "home away from home" for families seeking medical treatment for their sick or injured child. We have helped over 16,000 families, since we opened our doors in 1984.
In 2013, we served 619 families.
It's easy to give to RMHC Augusta! You can donate online, drop your spare change in a donation box at McDonald's, donate goods or services, or volunteer your time.
Pop Tab Pandemonium
The little tab you pull to open your soda, soup, or any other aluminum can makes a significant impact on the Ronald McDonald House of Augusta. The House recycles the tabs to generate funds to offset general operating costs. By collecting the tabs you will help care for families who stay at our House each year. This is an easy and fun project for schools, clubs, businesses or other large groups! We even have individuals and families collecting for us! Tabs can be dropped off at our House any day between 9 am and 9 pm. Last year, we made over $1,800 from collecting and recycling pop tabs.
Did You Know?
- Pop tabs were invented in 1962 by Ermal Fraze of Dayton, Ohio.
- There are 1267 pop tabs in one pound.
- We collect the tab instead of the can because there is more aluminum in just the tab than in the whole can -- and it takes up much less space!
- The Ronald McDonald House of Augusta receives over 4.6 million pop tabs a year!
A Rising 5th Grader Donates Over 12,000 Pop Tabs for the Augusta House!
- Miss Alexis Hooper, a rising 5th grader, knows how much of an impact collecting pop tabs can have! She received the WRDW New Channel 12 Time to Care Award for collecting over 12,000 tabs for our Augusta House! Thank you and Congratulations, Alexis!
- Click HERE to learn more about Alexis' story!