- Ronald McDonald House
- Requesting A Room
- Guest Information
- Our Families
- RMHC US Scholarship Program
RMHC Augusta is celebrating 30 years of being a "home away from home" for families seeking medical treatment for their sick or injured child. We have helped over 16,000 families, since we opened our doors in 1984.
In 2013, we served 619 families.
It's easy to give to RMHC Augusta! You can donate online, drop your spare change in a donation box at McDonald's, donate goods or services, or volunteer your time.
Requesting A Room
Welcome to the Ronald McDonald House!
The purpose of the House is to provide a safe, secure, affordable, temporary home away from home for the parents or other legal guardians of children who travel to Augusta for medical care. All first time Room Requests must be made by a hospital representative. If you are interested in staying at the Ronald McDonald House of Augusta, please speak with a Social worker or medical personnel at the hospital your child will be visiting. Guests, in good standing, may self-refer for return visits within 12 months of their last stay.
You are eligible to stay at the Ronald McDonald House of Augusta if:
- Your child is receiving medical treatment at an Augusta area medical facility.
- You live outside a 25-mile radius of Augusta.
- Your child is 21 years of age or younger. During their stay, guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an approved adult.
Admissions Priority/Length of Stay
In order to serve families with the most immediate and urgent needs and to assure a positive environment for all guests, RMHCA at its sole discretion will determine:
- The priority with which room requests will be filled, the duration of any guest's stay, and the room assignment is determined by the Manager on Duty the day before expected arrival.
- Guests may be required to move to a different room. In case of a room change, we will try to give guests adequate advance notice, however, guests may be required to move within four (4) hours of RMHCA's request.
Click here for a list of house rules and procedures.