As a volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House of Augusta, you are the first voice a mother hears on the telephone or the first smiling face a family sees at the door after a long day at the hospital.
By volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House, you will have a direct and lasting impact on a family going through on of the most difficult times in their life.
Most importantly, when you help at the Ronald McDonald House, you are helping make this house a home for 23 families every day.
• Receptionist Volunteer: Be the “host or hostess” of our House. Greet guests and volunteers, answer phones, help with family check-ins, check-outs, and give tours. You are helping the families each and every day, making their lives better.
• House Warmer Volunteer: Help keep our House clean and organized by getting the rooms ready for our families, organize the library, wipe down tables and help with the kitchen, re-stock the family supplies and keep the playrooms kid-ready and clean.
• Happy Wheels Cart Volunteer: Navigate the Happy Wheels Cart on Mondays between 10am and 12pm to all units within the Children's Hospital of Georgia, offering toys and activities to children and parents. For more information Click Here
How Do I Volunteer?
Because the Ronald McDonald House in Augusta is a residential facility that serves children and their families, we take the security of our house very seriously. We have an application process and a background screening that each volunteer must complete.
If you wish to volunteer and give a tremendous gift to our families, please email or Kristin Cordero at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 706-724-5901 for more information.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Augusta loves to have groups volunteer to help maintain the house and help make it a home.
Volunteer groups help in many different ways including:
- A cleaning day
- Holding a wish list drive,
- Helping at our fundraising events
- Host a family game night or schedule another family activity
- Anything else you think our families may like. We want ot hear your ideas!
Are you an Alpha Delta Pi? Ronald McDonald House Charities is the national philanthropy for Alpha Delta Pi Sorority and we can connect you with other ADPi's in our area to help out!
Interested in preparing a meal? Please visit our Meals That Mend page for more information.
Ready to get involved? Contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Kristin Gordon at email@example.com or call 706-724-5901 to schedule and put together a plan for your visit.
Ronald McDonald House Charities is a NON-DENOMINATIONAL organization. We have families with us from around the globe representing many different nationalities, cultures and beliefs. We cannot appear to favor any specific one. Passing out any type of religiously-themed literature or engaging in any type of religious solicitation is prohibited.
*We cannot estimate how many children will be here on the date of your activity or their ages. We have families checking in and out every day and that makes it very hard for us to determine who will be here on the date of your event.
*Because many of the children in the house are unable to fight off infection, we are concerned about health standards. Please ensure that no one in your group has been exposed to chicken pox in the last 21 days or had any communicable illnesses such as mumps, strep throat, measles, or other infections. Please do not participate if you have experienced vomiting of diarrhea in the past 7 days.
*Volunteers must be 16 or older of have adult supervision at all times. 1 adult per 6 volunteers.